About Elevate Northeast Florida
The purpose of Elevate Northeast Florida is to continue the region’s positive economic and job growth, and enhance Northeast Florida’s brand in the United States and internationally. Elevate Northeast Florida will focus the economic development efforts of key stakeholders into areas that provide the greatest opportunity for Northeast Florida, and build on past economic development efforts.
The Northeast Florida Regional Council, JAXUSA Partnership, and CareerSource Northeast Florida have engaged Avalanche Consulting and the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) to complete Elevate Northeast Florida.
The strategic planning process will include the following steps:
- Assemble a regionally diverse Steering Committee consisting of public, private, education, and nonprofit leaders from Northeast Florida with the role of building the framework and facilitating the effort of the strategic plan.
- Develop an economic assessment and benchmarking analysis of the region to include extensive in-depth stakeholder engagement such as interviews, focus groups, Steering Committee meetings, an online survey, site visits and open houses in each county and attendance at multiple public forums. Elevate Northeast Florida will also include a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.
- Validate and update target clusters by determining the types of businesses which have the best potential to thrive in Northeast Florida and provide residents with career opportunities.
- Create a workforce development strategy to determine what barriers exist that keep Northeast Florida residents from finding employment and identifying a future path that will educate and employ more residents.
- Provide economic and marketing recommendations based on the findings that will help Northeast Florida continue its positive economic momentum and build its global brand
Elevate Northeast Florida will begin in February 2018 and is scheduled for completion in August 2018.
Elevate Northeast Florida Goals
The purpose of creating and implementing the Elevate Northeast Florida economic development strategy is to achieve the following goals:
- Economic growth: Elevate Northeast Florida will lead to increased economic growth in the region by identifying and capitalizing on regional and county-specific assets.
- Talent development: Elevate Northeast Florida will lead to a more competitive talent pool and increased employment by connecting residents to jobs, especially in target industries.
- Brand recognition: Elevate Northeast Florida will result in a marketing and branding campaign that raises awareness of the region’s assets to U.S. and international audiences.
- Global competitiveness: Elevate Northeast Florida will lead to enhanced global competitiveness by focusing on strategic investments across the region.